PurpleAir’s New API Dashboard & Data Download Tool Release
Over 22,000 PurpleAir air quality monitors are used globally—making it one of the most robust air quality networks today.
Not only that, when you use PurpleAir's API and air quality data, you can customize your devices to further air quality research, create integrations, and even build apps. But as our community grew, we realized that we needed to upgrade our tools and features to allow more innovations.
So, we got to work.
Today, we’re happy to share the new PurpleAir API Dashboard and Data Download Tool.
PurpleAir’s API Dashboard
The PurpleAir Dashboard allows users to access all their PurpleAir data, including their API points and current projects. In return, this lets them experiment with PurpleAir devices, improve the user interface, integrate it with other applications, and even build their own Smart home automation tools.
With the new PurpleAir API Dashboard, you can do all these and more.
What to Expect with the New PurpleAir API Dashboard
- Better Air Quality Monitoring. You can see the different users and ongoing projects in its individual tabs. As such, you can better observe your air quality monitors, especially when you have multiple projects and users.
- Increased Organization. Each section is placed neatly into separate tabs, making it easier to digest the information. For example, you can simply go to your API Tab to check your API. From there, you’ll see the project, API key, type of API (read or write), status, and user.
- More Point Transparency. When you have multiple API keys running, it can be difficult to keep track of your points. With the Points Tab, you can quickly see all your points plus how many points each project is using. This way, you can better track your expenses and determine your budget.
- Improved API Usage Control. With the separate tabs in the new PurpleAir dashboard, you enhance your API and project tracking. In return, you stay on top of your expenses, data, projects, and air quality monitors.
Tip: If you want to learn more about PurpleAir API, read the complete guide. It contains instructions on retrieving PurpleAir data and lists all the API keys you’ll need for your projects.
PurpleAir’s Data Download Tool
While PurpleAir air quality monitors report real-time air quality data every 2 minutes, it can be difficult to view historical data. It's even more challenging when you have more than one air quality monitor.
With the Data Download Tool, you’ll no longer have to worry about this.
Our Data Download Tool lets you retrieve historical air quality data from multiple air quality monitors. Plus, you don’t need to know how to code or have a background in programming. Simply follow these step-by-step instructions.
Tip: Read the PurpleAir API Use Guidelines to fully maximize the Data Download Tool.
Benefits of the PurpleAir Data Download Tool
With our PurpleAir Data Download Tool, users can benefit in all sorts of ways. For example, you can:
- Identify air pollution patterns. Download all your PurpleAir data onto an Excel spreadsheet and turn it into graphs and charts. You can also better determine the impact of events and activities, like wildfires or road traffic.
- Conduct more precise research. As air quality researchers and scientists gain more air quality data, they can further hone their studies and experiments. All of which leads to a more comprehensive understanding of air quality.
- Create more accurate air quality forecasts. Because there’s more air quality data available, researchers can build more accurate air quality forecasts. This, in return, can improve air quality news and warnings, allowing people to plan their outdoor activities in advance.
- Make more informed decisions. More data can lead to better decisions. As people understand more about air quality and its health impact, they can make data-driven decisions on how to protect it.
- Advocate for better air quality policies. Communities and organizations can use the PurpleAir data to further push for better air quality policies, programs, and initiatives.
We hope that with the new API Dashboard and Data Download Tool, you can help further the mission of improving air quality. If you have any questions or feedback, reach out to our customer service team.
Connect With PurpleAir
At PurpleAir, there are tons of organizations and researchers around the world using our data—from Google to the EPA. We’re thrilled to see research like this being used to help local neighborhoods, and we look forward to seeing plenty more in the future.
Are you a technology company or institution looking to work with PurpleAir?