PurpleAir Limited One (1) Year Warranty
1. LIMITED WARRANTY COVERAGE; NOTICE REQUIREMENTS. PurpleAir warrants that the PurpleAir branded Products (“Product”) will be free from defects in material and workmanship, when subjected to normal, proper and intended usage. The warranty period shall be one (1) year from the date of shipment to Purchaser (“Original Purchaser/Subsequent Owner”) for equipment and thirty (30) days for laser counters (the “Warranty Period”). PurpleAir agrees during the Warranty Period, to repair or replace, at PurpleAir’s option, defective Products so as to cause the same to operate in substantial conformance with said published specifications; provided that Purchaser shall (a) promptly notify PurpleAir in writing on our Contact Us page upon the discovery of any defect, which notice shall include the product model and MAC address/Device ID and details of the warranty claim; and (b) after PurpleAir’s review, PurpleAir will provide Purchaser with service data and/or a Return Material Authorization (“RMA”), which may include product-specific handling instructions, then, if applicable, Purchaser may return the defective Products to PurpleAir with all costs prepaid by PurpleAir for domestic warranty claims and all cost prepaid by Purchaser for international warranty claims. Replacement parts may be new or refurbished, at the election of PurpleAir. If the Product or a component incorporated within it is no longer available, PurpleAir may, at PurpleAir’s sole discretion, replace the Product with a similar product of similar function. This is your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of this Limited Warranty. All replaced parts shall become the property of PurpleAir. Consumables are expressly excluded from the warranty under this warranty. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Products supplied by PurpleAir that are obtained by PurpleAir from an original manufacturer or third party supplier are not warranted by PurpleAir, but PurpleAir agrees to assign to Purchaser any warranty rights in such Product that PurpleAir may have from the original manufacturer or third party supplier, to the extent such assignment is allowed by such original manufacturer or third party supplier. Any Product that has either been repaired or replaced under this Limited Warranty will be covered by the terms of this Limited Warranty for the longer of (a) ninety (90) days from the date of delivery of the repaired Product or replacement Product, or (b) the remaining Warranty Period. This Limited Warranty is transferable from the original purchaser to subsequent owners, but the Warranty Period will not be extended in duration or expanded in coverage for any such transfer.
2. SATISFACTION RETURN POLICY. If you are the original purchaser of the Product and you are not satisfied with this Product for any reason, you may return it in its original condition within thirty (30) days of the ship date and receive a full refund less a 10% restocking fee. Shipping and handling is non-refundable on Product returned under the 30 day return policy, unless you received a damaged Product or the wrong Product was sent.
For returns due to cancelled orders, Customer will be provided a shipping label by PurpleAir at PurpleAir's expense. The total refunded amount shall automatically be reduced by the restocking fee.
3. WHAT THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER. In no event shall PurpleAir have any obligation to make repairs, replacements or corrections required, in whole or in part, as the result of (i) normal wear and tear, (ii) accident, disaster or event of force majeure, (iii) misuse, fault or negligence of or by Purchaser, (iv) use of the Products in a manner for which they were not designed, (v) causes external to the Products such as, but not limited to, power failure or electrical power surges including interruptions in network connections, (vi) improper storage and handling of the Products or (vii) use of the Products in combination with equipment or software not supplied by PurpleAir. If PurpleAir determines that Products for which Purchaser has requested warranty services are not covered by the warranty hereunder, Purchaser shall pay or reimburse PurpleAir for all costs of investigating and responding to such request at PurpleAir’s then prevailing time and materials rates. If PurpleAir provides repair services or replacement parts that are not covered by the warranty provided in this warranty, Purchaser shall pay PurpleAir therefor at PurpleAir’s then prevailing time and materials rates. ANY REPAIR, SERVICE OR ALTERATION TO OR OF, OR OTHER TAMPERING WITH, THE PRODUCTS PERFORMED BY ANY PERSON OR ENTITY OTHER THAN PURPLEAIR WITHOUT PURPLEAIR’S PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL, OR ANY USE OF REPLACEMENT PARTS NOT SUPPLIED BY PURPLEAIR, SHALL IMMEDIATELY VOID AND CANCEL ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE AFFECTED PRODUCTS.
4. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. Except as stated above in this Limited Warranty, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, PurpleAir disclaims all express, implied, and statutory warranties and conditions with respect to the Product, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, PurpleAir also limits the duration of any applicable implied warranties or conditions to the duration of this Limited Warranty.
5. LIMITATION OF DAMAGES. In addition to the above warranty disclaimers, in no event will PurpleAir be liable for any consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special damages, including any damages for lost data or lost profits, arising from or relating to this Limited Warranty or the Product, and PurpleAir’s total cumulative liability arising from or related to this Limited Warranty or the Product will not exceed the original purchase amount actually paid to PurpleAir for the Product.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The PurpleAir online services (“services”) provide you information (“product information”) regarding your PurpleAir products or other peripherals connected to your Products (“product peripherals”). The type of product peripherals that may be connected to your Product may change from time to time. Without limiting the generality of the disclaimers above, all Product information is provided for your convenience, “as is”, and “as available”. PurpleAir does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that Product information will be available, accurate, or reliable or that Product information or use of the services or Product will provide safety in your home. You use all Product information, the services, and the Product at your own discretion and risk. You will be solely responsible for (and PurpleAir disclaims) any and all loss, liability, or damages, including to your wiring, fixtures, electricity, home, Product, product peripherals, computer, mobile device, and all other items and pets in your home, resulting from your use of the product information, services, or Product.
7. SOLE REMEDY. The obligations created by this warranty statement to replace a defective Product shall be the sole remedy of buyer in the event of a defective Product. Except as expressly provided in this warranty statement, PurpleAir disclaims all other warranties, whether express or implied, oral or written, with respect to the Products, including without limitation all implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. PurpleAir does not warrant that the Products are error-free or will accomplish any particular result.